Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Neglecting the blog

Woah, yep, I've definitely been neglecting this.  Lots of stuff has happened since the last time I posted anything here. 

Work
I'm now working at Microsoft!  I'm working for the Microsoft Vendor HCL America (via C2S Technologies).  Still waiting to get paid, though.

Been attending a Python meetup group as regularly as possible.  It's a great way to network.  I have met lots of people who work with Python.

Pets
My cat, Prue, passed away in August.  I miss her.  She was a little over 14 years old.

Earlier this summer Ruby got in a fight with a raccoon.  I'm of the opinion that Ruby was protecting her older brother, Angel (our black cat).  Thankfully, she won that fight, and my brother had to bury the large raccoon.  Poor Ruby was covered in scratches.  To clean them I had to first give her a bath, and then work on putting Neosporin on them. 
Ruby managed to tear her dew claw, then she chewed it off, since it was bothering her.  It's now growing back.

Dancing
I've started taking ballet classes, more regularly, with a friend.  We've been attending the Thursday evening open Beginning/Intermediate ballet class at Pacific Northwest Ballet School in Bellevue. 

Organization
I've had a daily planner since 6th grade, or at least, whenever school started giving us daily planners at the beginning of the school year. The past couple of years, since I haven't been going to school full-time, I have had a bit of a difficult time finding a decent planner.  Back in March one of the gals in my Miche group (Bag Fashion Force Family) had her planner out, and I adored it!  She had an Erin Condren Life Planner.  Once I started researching that, I discovered that the planner was $50-$75.  But one of the first sites that I found in my research was a gal reviewing and comparing/contrasting the Erin Condren Life Planner vs. the Plum Paper Planner.  I finally ordered a Plum Paper Planner.  According to UPS and USPS tracking my planner has arrived.  I'm super excited to go home and open it up for the first time.  It will be so nice having a planner that already has the holidays listed in it.

Today at work, more cupcakes!

No comments: