Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Some Goals for 2016

I have a bad habit of reading multiple books at a time. Or maybe I'm just bad at finishing the book I'm currently reading before starting a new book? I think I can quite easily contribute this to my ADD.

A perfect example, off the top of my head I am currently reading: "Lean In", "Life in Motion", "Eldest", "The 36 Hour Day", "Sit! Stay! Speak!", "The Inspired Room", "Magic Kingdom For Sale Sold", "The Deathly Hallows". I am sure there are more, but it's been so long, that I can't remember which books they are, or where in the book I stopped at.

I have at least 3-4 more books in my 'want to read' pile. I am proud of myself, though. Instead of starting anymore books, I have actually been working on finishing books. I finished "Dashing Through the Snow" by Debbie Macomber, and am currently, actively, reading "Life in Motion" by Misty Copeland.

I am not sure which book I will proceed to finish after this one, it will most likely depend on my mood. Maybe I should aim for one of the fiction books next. Switching between non-fiction and fiction appeals to my OCD/anal-retentive tendencies.

Fiction books I have started reading:
  • Eldest
  • The Deathly Hallows
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • Magic Kingdom for Sale - Sold!
  • Wuthering Heights (was a book I was reading in 10th grade for my English Literature class)
Non-fiction books I have started reading:
  • Life in Motion (currently reading)
  • Lean In
  • The 36 Hour Day
  • The Inspired Room

No comments: