Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Wardrobe for a New Year/Decade!

This morning, after getting up, I cleaned out a sample pot of lotion, and went to work 'depotting' my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. The hardest part was cutting through the plastic of the bottle, took a while to cut through. I was amazed at how much was still left in the bottle! The bottle had to be no more than one quarter empty. I used the wand that came with the Primer Potion to scoop the primer out of the bottle and put it in my clear little pot. Then I cleaned the empty pieces of bottle and put them in the recycle bin.

This morning I didn't put any makeup on before going to church. I didn't have time, and I figured I'd give my face a sabbath from makeup. When we stopped off at home we discovered that my puppy, Ruby, had gotten onto the kitchen table and had finished off about half a dozen frosted sugar cookies. She was caught 'green-nosed' with the green frosting still on the top of her nose. It was quite cute and funny. I really wanted to go shopping, because I hadn't been shopping shopping in over a year.

My mom and I went to Alderwood Mall, and spent the whole afternoon there. First we hit up the sale at Victoria's Secret. I got 6 new bras on sale and 5 pairs of underwear. We then hit up Bath & Body Works and picked up a bunch of new hand soaps, a bottle of lotion, and a new loofah. We did our big purchases at Macy's and Banana Republic. And stopped at Sephora to pick up a Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Emerald.

The only thing that I really wanted at Macy's was a Clinique face mask. I ended up wandering over to the Benefit counter and the lady working the counter started talking to me. She ended up doing my makeup. So I ended up wearing makeup for half of the day. She used 'You're Bluffing!' on my blemishes, 'Play Sticks in Tea Party' for my foundation, 'The Big Beautiful Eyes' palette for my eye shadow and liner, 'BADgal Plum Mascara' for my lashes, 'Speed Brow' for my eyebrows, 'High Brow' for my brow highlight, 'Coralista' for my blush, and a lip gloss (forgot what color). I ended up getting 'powderflage', 'you're bluffing!', and 'play sticks in tea party', while my mom got 'Benetint', 'Benetint Pocket Pal', and 'Full-Finish Lipstick in Flirt Alert'. I did eventually get a Clinique face mask before leaving Macy's.

We stopped at Gap, but we just got confused by the weird jean sizing, and put off by the lack of customer service. We then went over to Banana Republic. We got a lot of awesome customer service there. Along with a lot of new clothes! We've never spent that much in one shopping trip before! It was insane, but fun.

Looking forward to starting this new year with a new outlook, wardrobe, and look.

No comments: