Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ruby's 2nd Day of School!

Well, today was Ruby's second day of beginning obedience school. Sadly, we were a little bit late, but, as I always say, better late than never! We worked on beginning scent work, come/recall, and at the very end of class we practiced getting the dogs to wait at the door for the release word. (As in, the dog doesn't get to dart out the door without you.)

I gave her Dramamine about 45 minutes before we headed down to Woodinville. I guess it helped a little bit. She pooped twice on the way down, and threw up at least once on the way down. At least this time I had lots of baby wipes ready to help clean Ruby up, and a set of towels to place in her crate for the ride home. She almost made it all the way home with out getting sick! I got to the gate, opened the gate, and as I got back into the van to drive into the yard I could hear Ruby start getting sick. At least it was quite an improvement over last time. But I do really need to start working on getting her more comfortable with cars, as in being in the car.

I now need to wash Ruby's crate pad, 3 pairs of jeans, and 3 sweaters.

No comments: