Sunday, January 24, 2010

Today was lesson #3 for Ruby. Ruby and I need to practice our exercises more often, and I need to get a whistle, or find a whistle. Next week Ruby's going to get sized for a Premier Collar. This morning I couldn't find Ruby's main collar. I ended up using the collar that she wore the day I adopted her, but it is a bit tight. Ruby improved a bit today. She didn't throw up during the ride home from Woodinville!
Today we worked on getting our dogs to be comfortable laying down and rolling over in order to be examined all over their bodies, retrieving using food and talked about toy retrieval, getting our dong on our left side, the four step correction, having the dog go to its rug, and teaching the dog to sit in front of you. Next week we all get little graduation certificates because all of our dogs learned at least one thing.

I spent about an hour studying for school today. So that's always a good thing. I might spend another 20 minutes reading from my textbook before finally heading for bed.

No comments: